Oysters with fresh linguine, cucumber, champagne and caviar
- ½ kg 00 Flour
- 8 organic egg yolks
- Salt & Pepper
- 24 Oysters shucked and juice retained
- 1 Cucumber peeled and cut into fine julienne
- ½ bottle French Champagne
- 250 g French unsalted Butter
- 500 ml King Island Cream
- 1 bunch chervil
- 4 shallots peeled and finely sliced
- 1 sprig Tarragon
- 60 g Caviar
- 250 g Rock salt
- 2 Lemons with leafs
- Add the flour, egg yolks & seasoning into a food processor & process till it forms a dough.
- Roll the pasta & cut into linguine.
- For the Champagne cream - In a pot add the champagne, the shallots & the tarragon sprig.
- Reduce the champagne to 100 ml.
- Add the cream ½ the oyster juice.
- Reduce the cream sauce by 1/2, whisk in the butter & season with salt, pepper & a squeeze of lemon.
- Pass the sauce & add ½ the chopped chervil.
- For the pasta & the cucumber - Blanch the pasta in boiling salted water till cooked but still al dente.
- Cook the cucumber in a little butter till soft.
- Combine the pasta & the cucumber & season.
- For the oysters - Divide the rock salt between the 4 plates & place 6 oysters on each.
- Divide the linguine & cucumber between the shells.
- Warm the oysters in the juice & place on the linguine & cucumber in the shell.
- Sauce each oyster add a dollop of caviar & serve garnished with chervil sprigs & wedges of lemon.