- 2 kg Beef brisket
- 6 chipotle Chilli's smoked tinned jalapeno chillies
- 1 Clove Garlic chopped
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup Lime juice from 2 1/2 limes
- 400 g canned Tomatoes drained
- 2 tablespoons dried wild Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
hot chilli sauce
- 6 habanero Chilli's or 8-10 very hot chillies. Remove seeds for a milder flavour.
- 1 large Onion
- 400 g canned Tomatoes
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped coriander leaves
- 10 spring onions thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 Green Capsicum finely chopped
- 1 Lime juice only
- Flour Tortilla stale
- Sunflower Oil
- Sour Cream
- Lime s
- Puree marinade ingredients with 2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper in a food processor, then transfer to a large shallow roasting dish. Gently score the brisket on both sides and coat with the marinade. Cover the dish with foil and place in fridge for at least 4 hours.
- To cook the brisket place the dish, covered, into a medium low oven at 160 degrees and cook for three hours until very tender.
- Once cooked shred the brisket and fry on a frying pan. Add the cooking liquor back to the meat to keep it moist.
hot chilli sauce
- To make the hot chilli sauce, combine ingredients with 1 tablespoons of salt in a pan. Bring to boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thick.
- Cool slightly, then puree using a stick blender until smooth.
- Combine the coriander, spring onions and capsicum in a bowl. Pour in juice and season with pepper.
- Toast the tortillas in a hot oven until crisp. Break them into large mouth size pieces and top with the refried beef brisket, hot sauce, sour cream and coriander salsa.