Chicken and pistachio terrine and red pepper relish
- Butter for frying
- 1 small Onion finely chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 80 g chicken livers cleaned and roughly chopped
- 300 g chicken thighs roughly chopped
- 400 g chicken breasts diced
- 120 g Pork Mince
- 120 g chicken mince
- 100 g chopped baby spinach
- 1 Dessert Spoon green peppercorn
- ¾ cup fresh breadcrumbs made from day old bread
- 1 cup shelled Pistachio
- 2 sage leaves finely sliced
- 2 Lemon using the finest microplane
- 1½ teaspoons malden Salt
- ground Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 250 g thin long slices of moist Italian prosciutto rindless but with lots of fat
- 5 Asparagus spears
red pepper relish
- 2 red capsicums thick skinned
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon fresh Chilli
- Sauté onions & garlic in butter for a few minutes, then add chopped livers and cognac and sauté for a further minute- put into large mixing bowl
- Add rest of ingredients up to egg and mix together well
- Line a (10cm by 30cm, 7cm high) terrine dish with prosciutto, overlapping each piece and allowing extra over the sides to fold over at the end.
- Put half of mixture into the dish and place trimmed asparagus length ways, then top with remaining mixture and fold over prosciutto to completely enclose.
- Place piece of baking paper over top and terrine dish into a large baking dish half filled with hot water and bake 180deg for about 1hr or until terrine is firm to touch.
- Put in fridge over night with a weight on top of it
- *Note if you are using a metal terrine dish or if your prosciutto is lacking in fat, line the terrine dish with baking paper.
red pepper relish
- Cut capsicums into quarters, remove any white membrane with sharp knife and cut into fine julienne.
- Put all ingredients into a non stick saucepan and cook for 15mins, med heat until tender and glossy.
- Serve cold.