Chocolate brownie pudding with raspberry mascarpone and raspberry coulis
Serves 6 to 8
- 230 g 70% Dark Chocolate broken into pieces
- 115 g Butter
- 300 g caster sugar
- 5 Free Range Eggs
- 70 g Plain Flour
- 70 g cocoa powder
- 500 g raspberries
- 100 g icing sugar
- 250 g Marscapone
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3. Line a 30cm/12in x 20cm/8in x 5cm/2in roasting tray with greaseproof paper.
- To melt the chocolate, place the chocolate pieces into a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water, and stir until smooth. Do not allow the base of the bowl to touch the water.
- In a separate bowl beat the butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the eggs, flour and cocoa powder and mix well to combine, then add the melted chocolate and mix again until combined.
- Sprinkle half of the raspberries evenly onto the bottom of the lined roasting tray and pour the brownie mixture over them. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the brownie mixture has set but is still slightly gooey in the middle. Set aside for 15-20 minutes to cool.
- Blend the remaining raspberries and the icing sugar in a food processor until puréed, then sieve the mixture and reserve the liquid to make a coulis. In a bowl, mix a third of the coulis with the mascarpone until combined.
- Spread the mascarpone mixture on top of the cooled brownie and drizzle some of the coulis over the top.
- To serve, cut the brownie into rectangles and place onto serving plates. Drizzle the remaining coulis around the edge of each plate.