Steamed Prawns with Soy, Ginger and Chilli Dipping Sauce
Serves 4 to 6
- 6 spring onions trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 5 cm piece of Ginger cut into thin strips
- 1 large Red chilli finely cliced
- ½ cup light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Oil
- 500 g small uncooked Prawns unpeeled
- To make the dipping sauce, combine all ingredients except peanut oil in a heatproof bowl. Heat peanut oil in a small heavy-based pan until surface seems to shimmer slightly, then carefully pour into bowl to release flavours.
- Stir to combine and set aside.
- Bring a large pan or stockpot of water to the boil. Add prawns and simmer for 2 minutes, then drain immediately.
- Serve prawns while still warm, with a small bowl of dipping sauce alongside.