Stir-Fried Beef Fillet with Onions
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 tablespoons Peanut Oil
- 500 g best-quality Beef Fillet cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon Peanut Oil extra
- 3 crushed Garlic Cloves
- 1 white onion finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sichuan salt and pepper
- 1 Juice of Lemon
- Heat oil in a hot wok until surface seems to shimmer slightly. Add half of the beef and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Remove beef from wok with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Add extra oil to wok with remaining beef and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Return all beef to wok, along with garlic and onion, and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar and soy sauce and stir-fry for 3 minutes, or until beef is tender and just cooked. Serve immediately, sprinkled with Sichuan pepper and salt, and with a side dish of fresh lemon juice.