Steamed Mussels with a spicy caper broth
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 50 g + 20 G unsalted butter
- 1 medium Spanish Onion sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic sliced
- 1 teaspoon Chilli Flake
- 1 kg Mussel scrubbed and de-bearded
- 2 tablespoons salted baby capers rinsed
- 150 ml Dry White Wine
- sea salt
- freshly Ground black Pepper
- of 1 Lemon
- ½ bunch continental parsley roughly chopped
- Heat a little extra virgin olive oil in a large pot with 50g butter.
- As the butter starts to bubble, add the onion, garlic and chilli flakes and saute for about five minutes.
- Add the mussels, capers and wine then place a tight fitting lid on the pot and cook until the mussels open.
- Discard any mussels that don't open.
- Add the extra 10g butter to the pot along with pepper, the lemon juice and parsley.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Serve immediately with bread.