BBQ Pumpkin, Tokay Raisins, Spinach, Macadamia & Blue Brie Salad
- 1 small butternut pumpkin or Jap pumpkin
- 1 packet loose leaf spinach
- 100 ml Tokay or sticky dessert Wine
- 100 g Raisins
- 150 g roasted Macadamias roughly chopped
- 100 g blue Brie Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Soak raisins in the Tokay the night before.
- The next day, cut pumpkin into bite size wedges (skin on) and toss through oil, cumin and salt & pepper.
- Turn the char grill on to high temp and place the pumpkin flesh side down. Allow to caramelize and form the char lines from the grill.
- Remove from char grill and place skin side down into a roasting pan.
- Place roasting pan on to a low indirect heat on the BBQ Close hood of BBQ and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked toss through the spinach, and soaked raisins with any leftover Tokay.
- Reserve the roasting juices to use as the dressing.
- Place pumpkin onto a flat platter and on top heap over the spinach & raisins.
- Crumble over the blue brie and scatter over the roasted macadamia nuts.
- Drizzle over the roasting pan juices.