Slow roasted tomato, eggplant and balsamic onion dome
- 4 kg roma Tomatoes
- 2 kg spanish Onions
- 3 medium Eggplants
- 20 basil leaves
- Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Balsamic vinegar
- Fresh thyme, finely chopped
- Garlic, finely chopped
- Salt & cracked black pepper
- Slow roast tomatoes in oven over night (on slow heat about 8 hours)
- The next day, cut each onion into 8 and place on a lightly oiled tray Drizzle with some more olive oil, some balsamic vinegar, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Bake in oven until slightly browned.
- Cut eggplants in half length ways then into 6 wedges each side. Using pastry brush, brush eggplants with a little seasoned oil and garlic and place on baking tray with baking paper and bake in oven 200 degree celcius, turning once to ensure both sides are slightly golden.
- Once vegies are all cooled, line a deep stainless steel or glass bowl with glad wrap and arrange cooked vegetables with basil leaves as desired.
- Then lightly dress remaining vegetables with a little balsamic oil dressing and fill in centre.
- Cover & press down gently.
- Serve upside down next day.