- 1 cup white or brown sugar
- ¼ cup Butter softened
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Plain Flour
- 2 large spoonfuls cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chip
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the sugar and butter together in a stand-up mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time and continue to beat for a few more minutes. Add the vanilla.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and add to the mixer. Combine well then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough with lightly floured hands into a log, approximately 12 inches long and 3 inches wide. You may find it easier to divide the dough in half and form two shorter logs. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet flatten slightly and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool until you can handle it. Slice diagonally, into 1/2-inch slices and return to the baking sheet. Bake again until the cookies lightly brown, about ten minutes. Flip them over and brown another few minutes. Cool and enjoy with a cup of espresso!