Fruit Salad with Cannoli Cream
- 1/3 cup whole milk Ricotta
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup whipping Cream
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- ground Cinnamon
- 12 oz fresh strawberries hulled, quartered (about 2 1/2 cups)
- ½ dry pint fresh raspberry about 1 1/4 cups
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Kiwi Fruit peeled cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons sliced Almonds
- Stir the ricotta and 2 tablespoons of cream in a medium bowl to blend. Using an electric mixer, beat the remaining 1/3 cup of cream, powdered sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl until semi-firm peaks form. Fold the ricotta into the whipped cream. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to stiffen and yield a creamier filling. (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Toss the strawberries, raspberries, sugar, and lemon juice in a medium bowl to combine. Let stand until juices form, tossing occasionally, about 15 minutes. Add the kiwi.
- Spoon the fruit mixture into 4 dessert bowls. Dollop the ricotta cream atop the fruit. Sprinkle with the almonds and serve.