- 8 Veal cutlets, about 3 ounces each
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic smashed
- 2 oz assorted Mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup sweet Marsala
- ¾ cup low salt Chicken Broth
- Leaves from 1 fresh sprig of Rosemary
- Sprinkle the veal with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 4 veal cutlets and cook until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Transfer the veal to a plate. Add another tablespoon of butter and oil, if necessary. Repeat with the remaining 4 cutlets. Set the cutlets aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Add the shallot and garlic. Saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add a tablespoon of the olive oil, if necessary. Add the mushrooms and saute until tender and the juices evaporate, about 3 minutes. Season with salt. Add the Marsala. Simmer until the Marsala reduces by half, about 2 minutes. Add the broth and the rosemary leaves. Simmer until reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Return the veal to the skillet. Pour in all of the pan juices. Cook just until heated through, turning to coat, about 1 minute. Stir the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter into the sauce. Season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Using tongs, transfer the veal to plates. Spoon the sauce over the veal and serve