White Bean Dip with Pita Chips
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini bean drained and rinsed
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil plus 4 tablespoons
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh Italian Parsley leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Pita Bread
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the beans, garlic, lemon juice, 1/3 cup olive oil, and parsley in the work bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is coarsely chopped. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the bean puree to a small bowl.
- Cut each pita in half and then into 8 wedges. Arrange the pita wedges on a large baking sheet. Pour the remaining oil over the pitas. Toss and spread out the wedges evenly. Sprinkle with the oregano, salt, and pepper. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until toasted and golden in color.
- Serve the pita toasts warm or at room temperature alongside the bean puree.