- 3 L vegetable or Peanut Oil heated to 325°F
- 3 russet Potatoes cut into wedges
- sea salt
- Put cut potatoes into a large bowl of cold water while oil preheats.
- Drain the potatoes well and carefully place in the hot oil.
- Blanch the potatoes until the bubbling ceases, about 3 minutes. They will be soft and have no colour.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Increase the heat of the oil to 365°F.
- Fry the potatoes until they are deep golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with sea salt.