Spanish Paella with Shrimp, Chicken and Sausage
- 2 chicken breasts skin removed and cut into large chunks
- 2 Italian Sausages cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Onions peeled and chopped
- 10 Cloves Garlic peeled
- 28 oz can whole Tomato
- 2 Cubes Arborio rice
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup red or white wine
- 3 Bay leaves
- 1 sprig fresh Rosemary
- 1 red pepper seeds removed and chopped
- 1 lb Shrimp shelled and deveined
- Heat a large flat sauté pan or traditional paella pan. Add a splash of oil and begin to brown the chicken and sausages. Once they have browned set them aside on a plate.
- Add the onions to the hot pan and a small splash of oil, sauté until golden.
- Add the garlic and stir for a few moments.
- Add tomatoes, breaking them up with a wooden spoon.
- Add rice, stock, wine, bay leaves, rosemary, red pepper, the reserved meat and the shrimp.
- Bring to a simmer and cook over medium heat until the liquid has absorbed and the rice is tender, about thirty minutes.