- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped Yellow Onion 1 onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1½ lb sweet Italian turkey sausages casings removed
- 1 28-ounce can crushed Tomato in tomato puree
- 1 6-ounce can Tomato Paste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Flat-leaf parsley divided
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- Kosher Salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- ½ lb Lasagne noodles
- 15 oz Ricotta
- 4 oz creamy Goat's Cheese crumbled
- 1 cup grated Parmesan plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling
- 1 extra large Egg lightly beaten
- 1 lb fresh Mozzarella thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large (10 to 12-inch) skillet. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes over medium-low heat, until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the sausage and cook over medium-low heat, breaking it up with a fork, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, the basil, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Simmer, uncovered, over medium-low heat, for 15 to 20 minutes, until thickened.
- Meanwhile, fill a large bowl with the hottest tap water. Add the noodles and allow them to sit in the water for 20 minutes. Drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, goat cheese, 1 cup of Parmesan, the egg, the remaining 2 tablespoons of parsley, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Ladle 1/3 of the sauce into a 9 by 12 by 2-inch rectangular baking dish, spreading the sauce over the bottom of the dish. Then add the layers as follows: half the pasta, half the mozzarella, half the ricotta, and one third of the sauce. Add the rest of the pasta, mozzarella, ricotta, and finally, sauce. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of Parmesan. Bake for 30 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling.