- 2 Free Range Eggs lightly beaten
- 80 g caster sugar
- 240 ml Milk
- 100 g Butter melted
- 300 g Plain Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 eating Apples peeled, cored, finely chopped
- 200 g shop-bought toffee pieces
- Preheat the oven to 190C/380F/Gas 5 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, milk and melted butter in a large bowl. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into the bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Add the chopped apple and lightly mix.
- Using half of the mixture, quarter-fill each of the muffin cases with the mixture and top with a few pieces of toffee. Cover with the remaining filling so the cases are half full.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until well risen and golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cold.