Mussels Triestina (COZZE ALLA TRIESTINA)
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 cup sliced Onion julienned
- 4 Bay leaves
- 3 lb Mussels
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped Flat-leaf parsley
- Sauté in olive oil the garlic then the onion.
- Add the bay leaves, the cleaned mussels and the wine.
- Season, cover and let steam for 2 minutes till the mussels open.
- Add bread crumbs and parsley, stir, let cook for 2 minutes and serve.