Bread and Butter Pudding with Wattleseed and Craisins
- 6 Slices bread (day old is best)
- 100 g Butter
- ½ cup craisin
- ½ cup quandong jam (or strawberry jam)
- 1½ cups Milk
- 1½ cups Cream
- 4 Eggs
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Butter the bread thickly and remove the crusts. Place 2 slices of bread butter side down into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle with craisins and drizzle with jam. Repeat bread, craisin and jam layers with the final layer butter side up and topped with craisins.
- Mix milk and cream in a bowl. Pour 1 cup of mixture over the bread to absorb.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and sugar until creamy. Add the milk and cream mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine. Pour mixture over the bread and sprinkle with a pinch of wattleseed. Bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes.
- Serve with cream or ice-cream