- 8 Breakfast Sausages
- 4 Halved Tomatoes
- 400 g Lean Bacon still on the rind
- 375 g tin Corn Kernel in brine
- 1 cup Self Raising Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ cup Milk
- sea salt
- To make the corn fritter batter, place the flour, eggs, baking powder, milk and salt into a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Add the corn and pulse twice only to combine well.
- Sausages don't need pricking provided you put them onto a moderate grill and slowly increase the temperature.
- In fact they will retain moisture better if the skin is intact.
- Brush the grill plate with olive oil and put the sausages on.
- Wait a minute or so before adding the halved tomatoes skin side down.
- Add bacon.
- It does not need to be de-fatted, as the barbecue will render most of the fat out of the bacon.
- After a few minutes run an egg slice or palate knife firmly under the tomatoes and flip.
- Do the same with the sausages and bacon.
- If things start to burn turn the BBQ down or move food to a cooler part of the BBQ.
- Spoon the corn fritter mixture onto a well greased part of the grill.
- When it begins to bubble on the top turn them over and cook till browned.
- Just as you would if you were cooking picklets.
- It is possible to fry eggs on the BBQ using an egg ring.
- But you have to practice these as they can cause a terrible mess very quickly!
- Arrange all the BBQ breakfast onto a large platter and serve immediately with hot toast and plenty of Coffee and Orange juice.