- 1 kg waxy Potato peeled and thinly sliced
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Pinch of Nutmeg
- A few Garlic peeled and grated
- 250 ml Milk
- 250 ml heavy Cream
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Heat the oven to 375°F/190ºC.
- Spill half the potato slices into a gratin dish.
- Season well with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Smear over the grated garlic.
- Spread over the remaining potato slices.
- Pour over the milk and cream.
- Season well again with salt and pepper.
- Dot with the butter.
- Bake until all the liquid has been absorbed and the top is bubbly brown, 1 to 1-1/2 hours.