- 150 g dark Chocolate
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Orange Zest
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau
- Melt the chocolate over a bain-main until smooth.
- Beat the egg whites to soft peaks, sprinkle over the sugar, and continue beating to a stiff meringue, a minute or two longer.
- Beat the yolks with the orange zest and Cointreau in a bowl.
- Whisk the chocolate into the yolks.
- Fold in a spoonful of the whites, then pour the chocolate onto the remaining whites and fold gently to combine evenly.
- Pour the mousse into a serving bowl.
- Wrap well with plastic, and refrigerate at least a few hours.
- Serve garnished with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and a little orange zest.