- 1 kg Leek (225 g sliced leek)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil or butter
- Salt & Pepper
- 60 g trimmed fresh leaves
- 110 g cooked peas
- 60 g shredded Lettuces
- 1 Splash Milk or cream
- Lemon to taste
- Trim and slice the leeks, rinse well, and drain.
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot and sauté the leeks with salt and pepper until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add about 3 cups/750 ml water, slap the lid back on, and cook until are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the spinach, peas and lettuce and let wilt into the liquid.
- Purée with an immersion blender.
- Press through a food mill into a clean saucepan.
- Reheat, boiling down the soup a bit if it is too watery, or adding water if it is too thick.
- Stir in the cream or milk, to desired consistency.
- Serve with chopped fresh mint and a squirt of lemon juice to taste.