Looking for Christmas party recipes? This beef recipe will go down a treat.
1. Poaching differs from boiling in which food is vigorously cooked for the duration of the cooking time. Boiling can toughen beef and poaching allows the beef to retain its tenderness, moisture, and flavor.
2. When poaching beef, it is important to use tender cuts so that the gentle heat of the poaching process will cook the meat thoroughly.
3. It is important that the meat be totally covered with the poaching liquid in order to achieve the proper results.
4. Poaching is a healthy cooking method because no additional fat is required for cooking the beef.
5. Poaching in cling film help to keep the juices in the meat and therefore make it more tasty, it also helps the beef to keep its shape.