Sausage Not Quite En Brioche
- 4 pork Sausages
- ½ cup Wine or beer
- Pizza dough
- 4 teaspoons moutarde a l’ancienne
- 1 lightly beaten Egg with a teaspoon of water - for egg-wash glaze
- Prick the sausages with the tines of a fork.
- Brown them in a frying pan, about 2 minutes per side.
- Pour in the wine, cover, and cook the sausages until done, about 10 minutes longer.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking until the wine has evaporated.
- Roll out 4 pieces of pizza dough, or stretch it with your fingers, into rectangles large enough to roll the sausages in.
- Smear the mustard over the pastry.
- Set the sausage on top, then roll up and seal. (You can hide the sausage completely in the pastry, or let the ends of the sausage poke out the sides, which looks even better.)
- Brush the pastry with egg wash, and bake on a baking sheet at 400°F/200ºC for 20 minutes until the dough is cooked.
- Slice to serve with drinks…or…eat it like a hotdog with ketchup!