Seared Foie Gras with curry quince and aged balsamic
- 1 x 4oz portion foie gras
- 2 quinces pears are a good substitute
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder
- 4 oz granulated Sugar
- 2 oz sweet white wine
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 2 oz aged Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Slice toasted Brioche cut down to the size of the foie gras
- Peel and fine dice the quince.
- In a thick bottom sauce pot make a carmel with the sugar.
- When it is golden brown add the white wine and stir to a smooth consistency.
- Add the quince, cinnamon, and the curry.
- Simmer until the quince is soft.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat a non stick pan until smoking hot.
- Season the foie gras with salt and pepper.
- Sear on all sides until slightly soft in the middle.
- Remove from the pan and pat dry with a towel.
- Serve the foie gras on top of the toasted brioche.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the quince on top of the foie gras.
- Drizzle the aged balsamic on top for garnish.