Mark Olive’s Bush-tucker Pizza
- 375 g tin crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 1 Kutjera Powder
- 2 Dessert Spoons Tomato paste
- 10 g desert Raisins
- 1 Dessert Spoon Saltbush
- 1½ teaspoons dry Yeast
- 2 Dessert Spoons Olive Oil
- ½ cup WARM Water
- 1½ cups Plain Flour
- 1 Fillet Kangaroo
- ½ thinly sliced red capsicum
- ½ thinly sliced Spanish Onion
- 50 g Goat's Cheese
- (This can be made the day before).
- Chop onion and fry off in a small amount olive oil, add the crushed tomatoes, Kutjera powder, tomato paste, chopped desert raisins, saltbush, salt and pepper and simmer for further 10 to 15 minutes.
- Set aside in fridge.
- Combine yeast, warm water and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl and slowly add the yeast mixture and form into a soft dough (you may need to add more flour if the mixture is too moist).
- Set aside in a warm place and let the dough rise.
- After 10 minutes knock it back and set aside for a further 10 minutes.
- Sear the kangaroo fillet in a hot saucepan with a small amount of olive oil, browning the outside.
- Finely slice and set aside. Turn dough onto floured surface; knead until smooth and roll out onto a pizza tray.
- Spread the relish onto the dough and then arrange the topping ingredients, finally crumbling on the goats cheese and a sprinkle of salt bush.
- Place in a pre-heated oven 220°C for about 10 to 15 minutes.