Grilled Shrimp Skewers with Soy Sauce, Fresh Ginger and Toasted Sesame Seeds
Serves 4 to 6
- 24 large Shrimp
- ½ cup light soy sauce
- 2 finely chopped Garlic Cloves
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh Ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted Sesame Oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh Lime juice
- ¼ cup Peanut Oil plus extra for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Soak 4-inch wooden skewers in cold water for 1 hour.
- Thread 1 shrimp onto each skewer so that the shrimp lie flat.
- Whisk together the soy, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, white wine vinegar, lime juice and peanut oil together in a small bowl.
- Place shrimp skewers onto a plate and drizzle with peanut oil to lightly coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill.
- Grill shrimp 2 minutes per side or until just cooked through.
- Place shrimp on a platter, drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with sesame seeds.