- 6-8 leek stems, cut across the stem to the base, and rinsed extremely well
- Bay leaf
- Black peppercorns
- Sea salt
For the vinaigrette:
- 2tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 1 generous tbsp of crème fraiche
- 1 generous tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 160mL extra virgin olive oil
- Black olives
- Sour dough breadcrumbs
- Curley parsley, very finely chopped
- Small capers, preserved in salt, rinsed well
- Grated boiled egg yolks (Eggs Mimosa)
- Peel off the outside leek and trim most of the dark green.
- Add bay leaf thyme, peppercorns and verjuice to boiling water and a generous pinch of salt.
- Put leeks in and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- While they are cooking make the vinaigrette:
- Whisk all ingredients then drizzle in olive oil, whisking continuously.
- Remove leeks from the boil and place in collinder. Do not rinse.
- Flavour leeks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay leeks on a plate, add breadcrumbs, Eggs Mimosa, olives, parsley and dressing and repeat layer twice.