- 1½ cups (300g) basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 750g lean chicken thigh fillets, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup (75g) madras curry paste
- 250g green beans, trimmed
- ½ cup (125ml) chicken stock
- steamed rice, to serve
- 2¾ per serve
- Cook basmati rice in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water according to packet directions. Drain and return to pan. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok or large frying pan and stir-fry onion for 5 minutes, until soft and golden. Add chicken and continue to stir-fry for 5 minutes, until golden.
- Add curry paste and stir-fry for another minute. Stir in beans and stock and simmer on low heat for 8 minutes, until sauce thickens slightly and chicken is cooked through. Serve in bowls with steamed rice.