- ½cup (40g) desiccated coconut
- 4 eggwhites
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- ½teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- icing sugar, to dust
- 300ml cream, whipped
- 2 x 250g punnets strawberries, hulled, sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 26 x 30cm swiss roll pan with baking paper. Sprinkle base with 2 tablespoons of coconut.
- Place eggwhites in a clean, dry bowl and beat with an electric beater until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until firm, thick and glossy. Beat in cornflour, vinegar and vanilla extract. Carefully fold through remaining coconut with a large metal spoon.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until risen and golden. Turn out onto a clean tea towel dusted with icing sugar. Remove baking paper. With short side facing you, carefully roll up using tea towel as a guide. Cool.
- Unroll pavlova, spread with cream not quite to the edges and top with half of strawberries. Re-roll, dust with a little icing sugar and serve sliced with remaining strawberries.