- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 slice wholegrain bread, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley leaves
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 300g green beans, trimmed, blanched
- kJ 1225 fat 9g sat fat 1g
- Lightly spray a large saucepan with cooking oil spray and heat on medium. Cook onion for 5 minutes, stirring, until golden. Stir in cumin and paprika and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add pumpkin, tomato and chickpeas with 1 cup water and season to taste. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes, until pumpkin is tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a small frying pan on low. Fry bread, garlic and almonds for 2 minutes, until golden. Blend in a food processor until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir through parsley.
- Add cannellini and green beans to pumpkin mixture and toss gently until heated through. Serve sprinkled with crumb mixture.