- grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon sichuan peppercorns
- rice bran oil, to deep-fry
- 1kg fresh prawns, peeled, butterflied, tails intact
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- coriander sprigs, to serve
- To make dipping sauce, combine lemon rind and juice in a small bowl with ½ teaspoon sea salt and 2 teaspoons white pepper. Set aside.
- Combine remaining salt and white pepper, flour and sichuan pepper in a wide shallow bowl. Heat oil in a wok on high, until a cube of bread sizzles on contact. Holding prawns by tail, dip into egg then into salt mixture. Deep-fry for 2-3 minutes until golden. Drain on paper towel. Continue with remaining prawns.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander sprigs along with dipping sauce.