- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup (250ml) salt-reduced stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped parsley, plus sprigs to serve
- 4 slices wholegrain bread, toasted
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on medium. Cook onion for 3 minutes, stirring, until soft.
- Add mince and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up any lumps, until browned. Stir in flour. Add stock, tomato paste and worcestershire sauce and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Stir through parsley.
- Serve on toast topped with parsley sprigs.