- 1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground chilli
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- steamed rice, sambals, pappadums, to serve
- Preheat oven to 190°C or 170°C fan. Line a baking dish with foil and brush with a little vegetable oil.
- In a large, shallow bowl combine ground spices, garlic, ginger and lemon juice. Add drumsticks and turn to coat. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Arrange drumsticks on prepared baking dish, drizzle with remaining oil and bake for 30 minutes, until cooked and browned. Serve with rice, sambals and pappadums.