- 1½ kg (about 10) Granny Smith apples, peeled
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- pie pastry (bought or homemade)
- almond flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line greased pie dish with pastry.
- Add peeled, cored and sliced apples to saucepan. Add ½ cup water and stew until soft. Drain and add apricot jam and caster sugar to pan; stir well.
- Put into pie shell and cover with remaining pastry. Can brush pastry with egg yolk, (leftover if you made the pastry) and sprinkle with almond flakes.
- Bake in oven for approximately 25 minutes or until golden brown.