- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 fresh chilli, seeded, sliced
- ½ teaspoon dry shrimp paste (belacan)
- 250g beef or pork fillet, diced
- 2 (about 250g) chicken breast fillets, diced
- 250g green prawns,
- peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 4 cups (1½ cups raw) cold cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced unpeeled
- crisp fried onion, to serve
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan or wok on medium. Add half of egg and spread out to make a thin omelette. Cook for 1 minute each side, until set. Repeat with remaining egg. Roll up together, cut into thin strips and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan on medium. Stir-fry onion, garlic, chilli and shrimp paste for 3 minutes. Add beef or pork and cook for another 3 minutes, until brown. Stir in chicken and prawns and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in rice and heat through. Add soy sauce and omelette strips and toss to combine. Serve with cucumber and onion.