- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 coriander roots, roughly chopped
- 6 wild green chillies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons tamarind water
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 8 cooked king prawns
- 3 long green shallots, 2cm lengths
- ½ small green pawpaw, finely sliced
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup Thai basil leaves
- 6 red eschallots, finely sliced
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 long red chillies, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, in half
- To make the dressing, pound the garlic and coriander root together in a mortar and pestle.
- Add the chillies, salt and sugar and continue pounding to a fine paste.
- Add the tamarind and adjust the balance with the fish sauce.
- Put the prawns, shallots, pawpaw, herbs, eschallots, peanuts and chillies in a bowl and mix well.
- To serve, add the dressing and cherry tomatoes, toss together and serve.