Serves 2 to 4
- 3 tablespoons garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons coriander root, roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 long red chillies, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1½ kg chicken thigh fillet, sliced
- vegetable oil, for cooking
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 lime, in half
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- Pound the garlic, coriander root and salt in a mortar and pestle.
- Add the chilli, sugar, turmeric and curry powder and pound to a fine paste.
- Add the fish sauce to the paste and marinate the chicken for two hours.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in a wok, add the chicken and fry until a good crust forms.
- Reduce the heat and continue stir-frying until the chicken is cooked through.
- Arrange the cooked chicken on a serving plate and spoon the coconut milk over the top. Serve with fresh lime, coriander and steamed jasmine or sticky rice.