- 750g beef mince
- 1 cup (70g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil or mixed herbs
- grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- cooking oil spray
- 4 green onions (shallots), cut into 2cm lengths
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- flat bread, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, lemon wedges,
- tzatziki, to serve
- Combine mince, breadcrumbs, egg, garlic, basil, lemon rind and juice in a bowl and
- mix thoroughly. Season. With wet hands, shape mixture into 18 meatballs.
- Preheat grill on high. Line a baking tray with foil and spray with cooking oil spray.
- Thread green onion and meatballs alternately onto four metal skewers. Season with pepper and brush with oil. Place on prepared tray and cook under grill for 5 minutes each side, until cooked to your liking. Place on flat bread with shredded lettuce and halved cherry tomatoes. Serve with lemon wedges and tzatziki.