- 1 Soy Duck From Chinatown
- 2 x 2cm lenghths of green shallots
- 2 Red chilli's seeded and cut
- 1 x 4cm piece of Ginger peeled and julliened
- 2 Garlic Cloves pounded
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 15 snow pea shoots
- ½ cup Thai Basil
- 100 ml Chinese cooking wine
- 50 Oyster sauce
- 50 ml Soy sauce
- 50 ml Fish sauce
- 50 g white sugar
- Cut the duck down the middle and remove the rib bones, cut the leg into two and the breast into four.
- Heat a wok or pan with 100ml of vegetable oil add the chillies, garlic and ginger.
- Stir-fry until fragrant for 20 seconds, don't burn the garlic or it will turn bitter.
- De-glaze the wok with 100ml Chinese cooking wine, add the duck, green shallots and snow peas adding 100ml stock or duck juices, 100ml oyster sauce, 50 grams white sugar, 50ml fish sauce.
- Check taste for a rich and salty seasoning. Add the Thai basil to finish.
Notes & Tips
Serve with steamed rice.