- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar, plus extra sugar for apples
- 3 cups flour
- 1 packet slivered almonds (optional)
- handful of sultanas (optional)
- 1 x 500g tin pie apples
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Rub butter into flour and sugar mixture until crumbly.
- Mix almonds/sultanas into apples to your liking.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar and cinnamon to apples.
- Spread apple mixture over a medium pie dish then add the crumble evenly on top.
- Sprinkle some nutmeg and cook until crumble turns slightly brown and crunchy.
- Serve with cream and enjoy!