Saltimbocca with Truffle Mash
- 4 pieces veal, thinly sliced
- 4 pieces of prosciutto
- 15 sage leaves
- 1/4 cup Flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of Oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup of both Marsala and white wine to deglaze pan
- 1 Extra Tablespoon butter for sauce
- 600gms potatoes (my fave for mashing are the royal blues)
- 1 tablespoons butter
- Truffle oil and or truffle salt to taste
- Pinch White pepper
- About ¼ cup of cream or milk
- Lay veal out on flat surface, place 3 sage leaves on top, fury side down so they stick to veal. Season with black pepper then press prosciutto on top.
- Coat each piece in flour.
- Put some butter and oil in hot pan and fry veal- prosciutto side down first until crispy then turn over and fry for one more minute. Remove from pan and keep the veal warm in the oven.
- Deglaze pan with marsala and wine (careful of flame). Take pan off heat and whisk in extra butter.
- Pour sauce over veal, serve with truffle mash and green beans or some crunchy iceberg!
- Boil potatoes until soft, then drain well.
- Mash with rest of ingredients.