- 1 bottle of lemon juice (or juice of more lemons)
- 15 Lemons
- Lots of rock salt, roughly 20g to 30g per lemon
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 Cinnamon quills
- Black and White peppercorns
- Oil for top
- Cut a lemon into quarters- but don’t cut all the way through the lemon.
- Open up the lemon and fill the rock salt inside the lemon quarters. Place lemon into a sterilised jar.
- Continue with all lemons adding cinnamon, bay leaves and a few peppercorns as you go.
- Pour over lemon juice or juice of more lemons and top with 1cm olive oil. Make sure the lemons are totally covered.
- Ready to eat in 8 weeks.
- Quick and easy to make when it’s lemon season!