- 300g plain flour
- 150g icing sugar
- 150g cold unsalted butter, diced
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 egg (or 2 egg yolks)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In food processor, blitz flour and sugar together.
- Add lemon zest and butter and pulse until resembles bread crumbs.
- Whisk the egg and vanilla together. Add to the dry ingredients and give the processor a couple of short pulses.
- Transfer the pastry into a bowl and push it together with your hands so the dough comes together. Don’t handle for too long as you don’t want to melt the butter in the dough.
- Wrap the dough in glad wrap and shape into a disc. Let it rest for ½ hr in the fridge before rolling it out.