- 2 granny smith apples
- 150g canola spread
- ½ cup (100g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 x 200g tubs Nestlé DIET Passionfruit Yogurt
- 100g mixed glace fruits, chopped
- 300g mixed dried fruits
- 1 cup (150g) wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 cup (150g) white self-raising flour
- 2 Tablespoons (50g) diet apricot jam
- 2 x 200g tubs Nestlé DIET Apricot Yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 180º C. Grease a 23cm springform pan, line base and sides with baking paper.
- Peel the apples, cut them into quarters and remove the cores. Poach in some simmering water for 5 minutes or until just tender, drain, cool. Make narrow lengthways cuts into the rounded side of each quarter, cutting about ¾ of the way through. Combine the canola spread and sugar in the small bowl of an electric mixer and beat until creamy. Add the eggs and beat until combined. Add the Nestlé DIET Passionfruit Yogurt and beat until combined. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the dried and glace fruits. Fold in the flours. Spread into the prepared pan. Arrange the apple quarters rounded-side up around the edge of the cake, press into the mixture slightly. Bake for 1 ¼ hours or until golden brown and firm in the centre. Turn out onto a wire rack and brush with the jam. Serve warm or cool with the extra Nestlé DIET Apricot Yogurt.