- 1 cup brown sugar organic or bio-dynamic if possible
- 2 cups Water For cooking the rice
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 Sheets Nori
- 1 teaspoon Roasted sesame seed
- 1 Cucumber cut into batons
- 2 Asparagus spears blanched and refreshed
- Silken Tofu strips
- Umeboshi Japanese plum Puree - Optional
- 2 teaspoons Wasabi
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 Avocado strips
- Make a mix of the salt, sugar & vinegar in a bowl
- Cook rice, pour in sugar, vinegar and salt mix and cool in a tray (airing with a fork or chopsticks as it cools to stop from sticking together)
- Lay a piece of nori on a sushi mat
- Place hands in a bowl of cold water then grab a handful of rice and place on the nori (you need enough to form an even layer going up 4/5 of the way up the nori) – the water stops the rice from sticking to your hands
- Place wasabi, plum, and mayonnaise in an even strip across the rice ½ way up the rice.
- Lay on top of this your filling of avocado, asparagus, cucumber and tofu, sprinkle with sesame seeds and roll up – just wet the top edge when you reach it and this will help the seaweed stick to itself..
- Cut in half and repeat again
- Serve with pickled ginger and soy sauce.