Risotto with White Asparagus, Parmesan and Truffle Oil
- 400g carnaroli rice
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 250g butter
- 1 bunch white asparagus, sliced into 2cm lengths
- 150g parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Enough truffle oil to drizzle over the top
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1½ litres vegetable stock
- Slowly melt 3/4 of the butter in a deep, heavy-based pan or pot.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until transparent.
- Add rice and coat with melted butter and lightly toast.
- Slowly add small amounts of vegetable stock, allowing rice to absorb the stock entirely before adding more.
- Stir gently but continuously with a wooden spoon to keep the grains seperate.
- Add bay leaf and asparagus, cook until rice is al dente and the right consistency (creamy).
- Add remaining butter, 100g of parmesan and parsley and stir through.
- Adjust seasoning and serve drizzled with truffle oil and the remaining parmesan.