Buffalo Mozzarella wrapped in Prosciutto with Roast Porcini Mushrooms
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 2 whole Mozzarella di Bufala (white mozzarella approx 250 gms each)
- 4 basil leaves
- 4 large fresh porcini mushrooms. If fresh porcini can’t be found try and find snap frozen ones. Do not substitute with field mushrooms.
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Slice both pieces of mozzarella in half. Lay a slice of prosciutto onto a clean surface. Place a piece of cheese on top and then a basil leaf. Season with a little pepper and then wrap the prosciutto around the cheese to form a roll with the cheese exposed at both ends.
- Place rolls on oven tray and place in oven to heat through for approximately two minutes.
- Slice both Porcini mushrooms in half lengthwise.
- While the rolls are in the oven, pan roast the mushrooms in olive oil, a little salt and pepper and butter for approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from pan conserving the juices. Add chopped parsley to juices and stir through.
- Plate up by placing prosciutto wrapped cheese on centre of a plate, a slice of mushroom on top and pour the pan juices over. Eat as soon as possible.
- © Danny Russo 2003