Beef Carpaccio with Sal Moriglio
- 500g best-quality fillet of beef
- extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- sea salt
- juice of 1/2 lemon, or to taste
- Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche
- 1 bunch marjoram, leaves picked
- Pinch salt
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Season meat generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat frying pan with oil and cook beef on both sides for 2 mins, allowing it to brown on each side.
- Rest on a board for 25-30 mins.
- Make sal moriglio by combining marjoram, lemon and lemon juice in a food processor, when finely chopped drizzle in olive oil until it is a nice loose paste consistency.
- Then slice thinly (1 cm) and season each slice.
- Top with a couple of slice of shaved parmesan and drizzle with Sal Moriglio.
- Keep layering the dish and at the end add a dollop of crème fraiche.
- Squeeze of lemon juice to finish and freshen.